Sunday, July 6, 2014

Now with electronics!

So it's been a while since the last time I've posted anything here but so much is going on that I feel I need to blog about it.
I recently started playing with an arduino at a local hackathon and pretty much fell in love with the system so with the help of a friend I've bought one and I've been learning more and more about electronics.

After a few breadboard projects of my own I decided I wanted to start soldering but I didn't know how.
A few terrible attempts and some time on reddit later, I finally made some progress.
I learned that the tin I was using was terrible, it was lead free which according to the internet is annoying at it's best, it also had no flux, meaning it didn't flow well.
After I practiced some and got the hang of the technique required I can now say that I can solder somewhat well!

Since I've made a component tester which I will show in the next post and most recently I modified my flashlight, which I'll also document!

No comments:

Post a Comment